The goal of early admission is to provide students the opportunity to focus on other academic pursuits by providing relief from the ordinary pressures of the application process, MCAT preparation, and interviews during junior and senior year. These pursuits should demonstrate a commitment to a life in medicine and should be related to some aspect of healthcare. Students describe these academic interests and goals in a formal proposal, designed and submitted by the student to the members of the Pre-Med Recommendation Committee (PMRC) and the SOM. Proposals are reviewed by the PMRC and students are selected on the basis of academic credentials, seriousness and thoughtfulness of the proposal, strength of their interview, and overall preparedness for medical study.
Please be aware of the following program deadlines and timeline for 2017 applicants:
- November 16, 2016, 5-6pm – attend general information session with Dean Canlas
- January 3 – February 10, 2017 - schedule a pre-interview with Dean Canlas - The first step in preparing your EAP application is to meet with Dean Canlas in ICC 303 about whether this program is a good fit for you. During the meeting you will discuss your current academic plan, ideas for your program proposal, and the application process. You must complete your meeting by Friday, February 10. You may schedule an appointment by e-mailing email@example.com.
- January 25, 2017, 4-5pm - attend College information session with Dean Canlas on EAP
- February 9, 2017, 4:30-5:30pm - attend SOM information session on EAP
- begin drafting your proposal
- solicit letters of recommendation using the reference request form
- receive PMRC advisor/interview assignment (by February 17)
- schedule and complete PMRC interview (February 21 – completed by March 22) - final drafts of proposals should be in hand for this meeting. If possible, send a draft ahead of time so PMRC members have an opportunity to review and comment on your proposal. This meeting is meant to focus on your motivation to apply for the EAP as well as your project proposal.
- March 29, 2017 - submit final application package to the Pre-Health Studies Office, 108 White Gravenor by 5:00pm. Submission of the application package includes the completed application, final proposal, and PMRC resume form. Letters of recommendation should be submitted directly by your reviewer to the Pre-Med office (108 White-Gravenor or pdf e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- PMRC meets to review applications and decide who to send forward for interviews with the SOM (early April)
- PMRC submits recommendations to SOM (early April)
- schedule mock interview with Career Center (mid to late April)
- attend interview scheduled by Georgetown SOM
- interview process completed and accepted students notified by SOM
Note, that the dates/times listed above are subject to change.