*Georgetown University is operating virtually in January 2022, followed by in person and hybrid classes in the Spring 2022. Please visit Georgetown Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center for updated information.
The Pre-Health Advising Office provides support to Georgetown University students and alumni as they consider careers in and prepare for admission to medical, dental, veterinary, and other health professions schools.
Advising Resources for Pre-Health Students:
- Individual advising by dedicated pre-health advisors and advising Deans throughout the four undergraduate years and for alumni.
- Small group meetings for first year students new to the health professions.
- Workshops on a variety of topics throughout the year including writing your personal statement, studying for professional exams and interview practice.
- Sponsoring of pre-health related events on campus and visits by medical schools and other health professions programs.
- Lending library with admissions literature, printed exam prep materials and brochures from health professions programs.
- Canvas course with detailed information and resources on all things pre-health.
- Email Newsletter with announcements, job opportunities and resources.
- Discounted commercial MCAT or DAT preparation live in-person or live on-line courses offered during the Summer, Fall and Spring. The course includes online materials, practice exams and a set of books.
- Shadowing program in the Internal Medicine Department at the Georgetown University Medstar Hospital.
- Pre-Health Recommendation Committee (PHRC) review process and submission of a Committee letter for students applying to MD, DO, and Dental schools.
- Support for students’ applications to the Early Admissions Program (EAP) to Georgetown University School of Medicine (GUSOM) during their sophomore year.
- Support for students and alumni in the admissions cycle, including personal statement and resume review, mock interviews and advising.
- Pre-Health Undergraduates Peer Mentorship program.
- Collaboration with GUSOM school of medicine offices and student organizations for peer mentorship and pre-med preparation events on campus.