Program Description and Timeline
The goal of early admission is to provide students the opportunity to focus on other academic pursuits by providing relief from the ordinary pressures of the application process, MCAT preparation, and interviews during junior and senior year. These pursuits should demonstrate a commitment to a life in medicine and should be related to some aspect of healthcare. Students describe these academic interests and goals in a formal proposal, designed and submitted by the student to the members of the Pre-Health Recommendation Committee (PHRC) and the SOM. Proposals are reviewed by the PHRC and students are selected on the basis of academic credentials, seriousness and thoughtfulness of the proposal, strength of their interview, and overall preparedness for medical study.
Please be aware of the following program deadlines and timeline for 2023 applicants:
- November 9, 2022 – attend general information session with Jen Ericson and Dr. Mary Beth Connell 5-6pm, Reiss 103.
- January 4– February 1, 2023- schedule a pre-interview with Jen Ericson, Assistant Director for Pre-Health Advising. The first step in preparing your EAP application is to meet with Jen Ericson about whether this program is a good fit for you. During the meeting you will discuss your current academic plan, ideas for your program proposal, and the application process. You must complete your meeting by Wednesday, February 1. Please schedule an appointment on Ms. Ericson’s appointment calendar. Budget about 30 minutes for this meeting.
- January 25th, 2023 5PM EST – attend College information session with Jen Ericson on EAP (sophomores only). During this session, you will learn about the application materials in greater detail and receive instructions and advice on completing the required forms. Location TBD.
- February 7, 2023 at 6pm ET: attend SOM information session on EAP via Zoom.
- begin drafting your proposal.
- solicit letters of recommendation.
- receive PHRC advisor assignment (by February 10).
- schedule a meeting (or a few!) with your PHRC mentor to hone your proposal. You should have sent an initial draft to your mentor in advance of your first meeting (February 11 – March 20).
- March 22nd, 2023 11:59PM EST- submit final application documents in GU360. Submission of the application includes the completion of all sections: Application Form, Recommendation Providers, Activities and Experiences, Personal Statement, and Two Year Plan.
- March 25th, 2023- Letters of recommendation are due and should be submitted directly by your reviewer via GU360.
- The Committee looks at transcripts as part of its review. It is not necessary for applicants to submit their Georgetown transcript to the Committee. If you have taken any courses at a school other than Georgetown, we will obtain a copy of your transcript(s) from your record. In the case that your other transcripts are not on file, we will ask you to have your official transcript/s mailed to either firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Electronic transcripts are preferred.
Pre-Health Rec Committee
Attn: Jennifer Ericson
Washington DC 20057
- The Pre-Health Recommendation Committee (PHRC) meets to review applications and decide whom to send forward to the SOM (early April).
- The PHRC submits recommendations to SOM and SOM determines whom they wish to interview (early April).
- schedule mock interview with the Cawley Career Center (mid to late April).
- April 15th, 2023- You must submit an official application to Georgetown SOM.
May 8th-12th, 2023
- attend interview scheduled by Georgetown SOM.
- interview process completed and accepted students notified by SOM.
Note, that the dates/times listed above are subject to change.