The Georgetown PBPM program is designed for "career change" students and offers the following for qualified applicants:
- Rigorous training in medical/dental pre-requisite laboratory sciences and math.
- Co-matriculation with undergraduate students for all lectures and most labs.
- The opportunity to be evaluated and receive a recommendation letter from the Pre-Med Committee (after completion of 30 credits at Georgetown University).
- Volunteer and seminar opportunities and information in the health field.
- One-on-one advising and other academic support.
- Eligibility to register with the Georgetown University Pre-Medical Society and Post-Bac Student Group.
- Workshops and seminars on how to prepare for, apply to, and interview for medical school.
- Commercial MCAT preparation courses offered on campus and in the metropolitan area (cost not covered by tuition).
- Financial aid advice and eligibility for federal Stafford loan and selected private loans.
A typical successful applicant to the Post-Bac Pre-Med program*:
- has an undergraduate gpa of at least 3.2
- has at least a “B” or above in any science or math coursework taken as an undergraduate
- understands and can articulate his or her motivation for entering the field of medicine
- has tested his or her commitment to the field in volunteer, work, shadowing or other activities
- needs to complete most or all of the pre-reqs for the relevant field and can reasonably complete 30 credits in our program
- has the support of a former professor, mentor, or other professional
*Please see the FAQs for more information.